Friday, January 25, 2013

French Country Cabinet

I have had this cute little cabinet for sometime now, pretty sure I picked it up at a garage sale for $5...its has been through several moves, has served as a makeshift pantry when I moved into the tiniest 2 bedroom apartment, sat outside for more than a year, and finally ended up in a shed in my backyard. Last week, when it was cold...cold...cold here in Colorado I decided to revamp to a chic French country cabinet for my new craft room! 
I used chalk paint(found the recipe on Pinterest) and have absolutely fallen head over heels in love with it.  I painted the main part a Linen white color and then the cabinet doors black(dont look at the brown part).



I found this super cool old dictionary from 1915 at the local thrifty store.  When I saw it, I knew I had to have it...It was only $3.50!  I grabbed a couple of pages from the dictionary, sized them to fit the cabinet doors, and then used adhesive spray glue to adhere them onto the doors.






I added the a black "mesh" that
I found at Wal-Mart with the spray adhesive, and then added a top and bottom border of these cute little black roses that I found at Michaels in the lace section.  The knobs were an awesome find at my local Hobby Lobby and were only $2 a piece!

 I added a dark glaze to the entire piece, put a light coat of polyurethane, let it dry for a couple of days and I know have an awesome distressed cabinet sitting in my new craft room!

No comments:

Post a Comment