Monday, February 18, 2013

Auction house nobody wanted chairs.

I bought several cute little chairs at an auction a couple of weeks ago.  Nobody wanted them, so I was able to pick them up at an incredible 3 for $5! That's $1.66 a chair!  I was so excited because I already had in my head what I wanted to do with them.  The first one that I chose to start working on was in pretty good condition, so I threw on a coat of my favorite homemade chalk paint, distressed it, rubbed a dark glaze on it....and then looked at it for a week.....lol.

I really wanted to learn how to transfer designs and lettering on wood, I have read up on it on http://www.graphicsfairy-diy.com/ and was so excited...except, I don't have a laser jet printer.  So instead of moping, I took the designs, cut them out, soaked them in coffee, put them in my oven on 200 degrees to try(took about 10 minutes) and then used homemade mod podge to attach them to the chair back.  I think it came out pretty good for a first timer.....








I then went to my local fabric store and found this really cool looking upholstery "webbing?".  At first I tried to use my staple gun to attach it, but the wood was to hard, so I ended up using a hammer and some upholstery tacks.  I plan on making a little pillow to sit on top...and there we go! Super cute...super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment